Bolex Film Contest
Take The Bolex Workshop or get training to shoot with the Bolex Camera and Be Eligible to Apply and Potentially Win the Bolex Film Contest!!
A film incentive contest to give a NBFC member the opportunity to further explore the world of Bolex by shooting a film from start to finish in a Bolex camera.
- Each movie must be 2/12 minutes or less in duration.
- Applicants to the fund must be full NBFC members in good standing (workshops taken, volunteer hours put in).
Up to 2 awards may be given annually. Proposals are assessed and the successful applicants have 4 months to complete their project.
Eligible projects are those over which the artist has creative and editorial control. All genres are accepted. Artists in the membership crossing over from other disciplines (i.e. theatre, writing, visual arts, and dance) are also welcome.
Applicants retain copyright to their productions, but they must provide a copy of their work to be kept in the NBFC's archives.
Deadline: June 1, 2017
The successful NB Film Co-op applicants will receive:
- Use of Co-op bolex camera and additional supplemental materials at no charge
- 2 rolls of film (100 feet each)
- Transfer to tape costs will be covered by Co-op
- Free additional one-on-one training with instructor as necessary in addition to their
- Bolex production information
NOTE: For those members who win and live out-of-town, a host will be found for them if they come to Fredericton to get trained and then shoot. As well, a small gas reimbursement will be provided to them.
NBFC member applicants must submit:
- A current resumé (with emphasis on your artistic work - This is optional)
- A one-page description of the proposed project
Have questions? Need help putting your proposal together? Email Cat at: email@example.com